WHAT WE USE...
Here at Ancient Candle Co. we only use the finest sustainable & ethically sourced, premium soy based wax. We pack using recyclable cardboard boxes and cushioning materials. We ship Australia wide with our 100% carbon neutral shipping partners Sendle and Australia Post.
WHAT WE DON'T USE...
Cheap chemical candles you may find on the market can emit harmful vapours. When burned, they release toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air. This includes acetone, benzene and toluene, which are known carcinogens. This is why at Ancient Candle Co. we only use premium, sustainable & ethical products.
All of our sculptural candles are intended as decorative homeware, however should you wish to burn them for short periods of time please adhere to the following recommendations.
- Due to the sculptural nature of your candle, once lit wax will melt in an unpredictable manner. To avoid damage to your surfaces, please place your candle on a large ceramic dish, on a flat surface before lighting.
- Each candle is individually hand crafted, and like the ancient sculptures that inspire them, small imperfections such as small air bubbles or frosting may be expected between pieces.
The Ancient Candle co. series of home fragrance vessel candles are hand poured on the Gold Coast with only the finest soy blend waxes, lead free cotton wicks and premium oils. To ensure an even and smoke-free burn we recommend the following care.
- Before each light, please ensure to trim your wick to 5mm and place your candle on a flat heat proof surface.
- Did you know that soy wax has a memory? In order to get the most out of your ACC candle, please ensure you allow the melt pool to reach the outer edges of the vessel to avoid tunnelling on subsequent burns.
- Please never leave your candle unattended. Keep away for children, pets, home furnishings and drafts.
- To preserve your fragrance, please do not burn your candle for longer than four hours at a time. Replace the glass lid to snuff out the flame with no smoke.
- You know It’s time to love you and leave you when there is one centimetre of wax remaining at the bottom of your vessel. This will prevent possible damage to the glass vessel and your surfaces. We recommend cleaning out your jar by first freezing the small amount of wax that remains and then spooning it out. The remaining wax can then be easily removed with boiling water. Please do not scrub your vessel as this may cause damage to the colouring of the glass.